Director of Home Care
Quincy, MA 02169 US
Established in 1972, Anodyne is a leader in providing superior services to our elderly clients in Eastern, MA. Our rapidly growing Home Care Company has an immediate full-time opening for a Director of Home Care.
This challenging and highly visible position offers you a career opportunity that shall impact the lives of our elderly clients and their families. Anodyne is a private organization dedicated to promoting and supporting the independence, dignity and well-being of our elders. The Director of Home Care will report to the President.
The Director of Home Care will ensure smooth daily operations of Anodyne’s home care department, provide support on matters of contractual requirements, administrative procedures, and personnel, either through direct action or as a liaison with Anodyne’s management team as appropriate. The successful candidate will serve as the key resource for home care service coordinators in their day-to-day responsibilities, and will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and evaluating staff to assure high quality outcomes and attainment of department goals.
- Directing and managing the daily activities of support staff to ensure appropriate coverage and adequate staff is provided in support of client services.
- Directing support staff to ensure a consistent high quality of client service with minimal service interruptions
- Managing or providing input to all aspects of support staff’s daily activity including mentoring, hiring, performance reviews, delegating, disciplinary action and terminations
- Serving as a principal liaison between support staff and fellow Anodyne managers to provide effective flow of communication and resolution to operational issues
- Monitors service metrics to ensure proper levels of efficiency in the management of service volume and implements effective corrective action as needed
- Coordinating with payroll and billing departments to ensure timely and accurate submission of client and provider information
- Ensuring and monitoring staff adherence to contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures
- Proactively assesses resource needs, staffing patterns, and software technology while implementing effective plans of action as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Business or related field
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience managing a diverse team; home care experience a plus, but not required
- Demonstrated skill in developing and mentoring staff by providing effective supervision, oversight, training and collaboration to ensure goals and objectives are achieved
- Must be process and improvement oriented,
- Must model a positive outlook and have the ability to foster teamwork, collaboration and promote cooperative working relationships
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter
- Must possess the ability to drive results and have a proven track record of taking ownership of a team
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively explain policies, procedures, expectations, etc. to all levels of staff and clients
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and perform effectively in environments consisting of frequent interruptions and constant changing conditions
- Frequent travel required to Anodyne’s office locations
The office base for the successful candidate is flexible.