Brewster, MA 02631
Job Description – Children’s Services Medical Assistant
Statement of Responsibilities: Assist the Children’s Program Nursing Department in providing medical care to individual students.
- Cooperation, teamwork and positive attitude towards one’s work.
- Ability to work with students with unique medical and psychiatric needs.
- Ability to set clear limits and personal and professional boundaries.
- Ability to model respectful and positive interactions.
- Respect for persons of different abilities, backgrounds and skills.
- Assist the Nursing Staff in meeting Department of Education and Department of Public Health Regulations.
- Assist in administering prescribed medications and treatments.
- Schedule and transport individuals to medical and dental appointments.
- Order and refill medical and first aid supplies.
- Maintain medical files in neat and organized manner. File documents in a timely way.
- Complete Medication Administration Training, CPR, First Aid and TCI. Know how to do weights and vital signs.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications: Medical office and/or CNA experience required. Computer literacy required. Valid Driver’s License. Must exhibit ambulatory ability sufficient to physically intervene in instances of extreme behavior that might jeopardize the safety of students and staff.
Contact Victoria today! 617-471-7200 x216